Your Excellency Honorable Kamla Pershad Bissessar –Prime Minister of Government of Republic of Trinidad and Tobago .
Esteemed members of the Government and Parliament of Republic of Trinidad and Tobago , dear guests and member of diplomatic corp,
It is may great honor and privilege to stand today, before you, honoring a country that is becoming a WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION .
Tourism must be based on values such as nature preservation, cultural patrimony and history conservation for future generation and exactly for this need we have carved WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION as an international recognition of the country that are respecting this values .
It is always a pleasure when I have the occasion to meet and congratulate a representative of tourism industry that change the face of his country tourism and of the region and helped to build a new future for a tourism that is respecting the values .
In a world crowded by images, without a form and substance , we come today to honor a CULTURE , in a world that is loosing the true values, we come today the honor a real TOURISM VALUE, in a time in which to many speak and do not act for natural preservation , we come to honor a NATURAL PARADISE , we come to honor the Republic of TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO .
We are all here friend`s of humanity, of cultural tourism , in search for the countries and tourism values that are offering to all the tourist of the world the possibility of a safe, pleasurable and enlightening tourist experience .
Among the reasons leading to awarding WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION FOR 2012 title to TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO the report take under consideration:
- Respecting cultural patrimony and traditions in offering to tourists a possibility to participate in impressive paraphernalia festivals such as: Holi, Hosay, Divali, Corpus Christi, Eid Al Fitr and special Tobago Heritage Festival Tobago Fest and Trinidad GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH etc.
Keeping alive spiritual traditions , integrating tourist and visitors in the atmosphere of the islands , offering possibility of an enriching cultural experience are achievements that transform Trinidad and Tobago in a spiritual destination of first hand.
- Promoting Trinidad and Tobago environmental protection, especially East Coast natural patrimony of wetlands, beaches and ecological and geographical biodiversity that make Trinidad and Tobago unique in the region. Supporting a new concept of tourism friendly to nature, with low nature impact and preservation of natural biodiversity and protection of endangered species and areas, especially rainforest eco-climate.
- Offering to tourists not only cultural experience or relaxation opportunities but also the possibility to explore nature , to contribute to ecological preservation and the opportunity to observed in Tobago the impressive Forest Reserve are model achievements in ecological tourism that must be world appreciated.
- The continuous development and protection of cultural and historical patrimony of Trinidad and Tobago, the transformation of Port of Spain in an historical center offering to the visitor a glimpse into rich culture of Trinidad and Tobago and Caribbean heritage.
- Offering to the tourist a large area of cultural and ecological impressive programs such as: Wildlife Photography in places such El Tucuche Reserve, Valencia Wildlife Sanctuary, Caroni Bird Sanctuary. Cave exploration (in splendid places such as Gasparee Caves).Cycling, Hiking (Argyle Waterfall –a special destination), Kayaking (Paria bay and Tobago area).
We believe in a people that want to develop his country and we are glad to observe that the Government of Trinidad and Tobago also believe in his people.
We are believing in the future of Trinidad and Tobago and we are proud to see the Government of Trinidad and Tobago is also investing and believing in the future of Trinidad and Tobago.
We are believing that despite shortcomings and problems, in Trinidad and Tobago there is the will to overcome this issues and to step into a new way, a new future, and we are honored to see the government of Trinidad and Tobago shaping this future.
This is a prize that was always destined to unite peoples’ in pride, not to divide, to create a filing of pride and to inoculate a desire to strive for a better future, and I hope this will be the case for Trinidad and Tobago also.
For all this reasons European Union Council on Tourism and Trade decided, unanimously, to award WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION FOR 2012 TITLE TO TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO and to declare TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO- FAVORITE CULTURAL DESTINATIONS in 2012.
This speech was written after reviewing dozens of reports and publications of scientific value, but it was lacking the knowledge of a major value of Trinidad and Tobago: the people.
During our stay we have meet the people of Trinidad and Tobago: on the streets, on the islands, working in tourism industry, learning the art of panyard, or learn to dance blending Africa, South America and Europe in a fiery spirit. To them is dedicated most of all the prize: to people of Trinidad and Tobago , they are constructing a future in which nobody will ask Why is Trinidad and Tobago –WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION ? They will make 2012 a better year not only for tourism but for all the country.
For all this reasons Is my privileged to award Your Excellency as representative of tourism of Republic of Trinidad and Tobago the award for WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION FOR 2012.
This title is an international recognition of your work for Republic of Trinidad and Tobago until today, in the service of tourism, culture and natural resources preservation and for people of Trinidad and Tobago, but is also a challenge because now we are expecting your services in the future benefit of the world tourism.
May this award be transformed in a support for developing the international standing of Trinidad and Tobago, for a sustainable tourism and development and in a base for further success for beautiful Trinidad and Tobago?
We congratulate Mrs. Prime Minister and people of Trinidad and Tobago for this outstanding achievements.